Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mango Pineapple Chicken, Skewers

This was my first time making skewers and it was allot of fun. They're easy to make but definitely take time to prepare.

For some reason I felt like grilling today so I checked the fridge to see what ingredients I had to work with and came up with this.....
I defrosted some chicken and left it marinating in some fresh tangerine and pineapple juice and then glazed the chicken with mango butter (available at trader Joe's)
then I sliced some onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, cut up some mango chunks and pineapple pieces. and began skewering. Then took them over to the grill and wah lah! you have a nice summer dish to enjoy. I had my skewers with a side of cilantro quinoa, which is a great side dish for almost anything you cook bake or grill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment